EPISODE #1 – TODD DURKIN
On this episode of the Fit Pro Podcast, I interviewed Todd Durkin. We covered what it takes to create a world class culture at his gym Fitness Quest 1o. If you are ever in San Diego, make it a point to go check it out! The staff there is top notch and they over deliver every time I’ve ever been there. And that was the second topic. Attracting and developing amazing trainers and staff members.
We also went on to talk about leadership, and one of the things that I took away was always asking your clients for feedback. I know that it’s easy to stay where it’s comfortable and assume we are doing a great job, but it’s amazing what you find out when you ask. I went straight to the gym that day and asked a couple of clients for some feedback and I found out some valuable insights. So go have the breakfast of champions…feedback!
We finished off talking about what it takes if you want to become a presenter. So if this is one of your goals make sure you don’t turn it off too early.
In this episode, here’s what we’ll cover:
- How Todd creates a world class culture
- How to attract (and keep) great staff
- Leadership skills for trainers and business owners
- How to become a presenter
The 7 Day Action Blueprint
- Get some quiet time daily
- Ask for feedback
- If you want to present, write down the date for your first talk
Resources mentioned in this episode include:
- Mindbody Online
- The IMPACT! Body Plan: Build New Muscle, Flatten Your Belly & Get Your Mind Right!
- The 8 Forms of Wealth Video
- Todd Durkin Mastermind Program
- The 80/20 Principle: The Secret to Achieving More with Less
- The Exceptional Presenter: A Proven Formula to Open Up and Own the Room
If you liked this episode and wanted to say thanks to Todd, click here to send a shout out Tweet to let him know you enjoyed episode and to thank him for everything he shared!!